With the ever changing seasons during the wedding planning process, we see a few great trends popping up for 2017. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Mismatched Bridesmaids - The bride selects a color palette for her wedding and then gives her bridesmaids the freedom to choose their own style gown and their own color favorites within that palette. This can be a wonderful way for large wedding parties to create a unique look for the female members of the party. It also insures that each of the bridesmaids may, in fact, have a dress she will wear again and again.
- More than just cake - While wedding cakes remain reception favorites, we are seeing more and more dessert tables with a wide variety of offerings. Some of the most popular are tables of ice cream sandwiches, ice cream cones, cake pops, donuts, make-your-own sundaes and individual cakes as the centerpieces of each guest table.
- Glamour and Red Carpet Gowns - While geography does play a role in the kind of wedding gown many brides choose, we are seeing a growing group of gowns which emphasize the bare look. Deep V necks - both front and back, sheer lace fabric with elaborate bead work, slit skirts and hints of bare skin are appearing in weddings - not just in magazine layouts.
- Brunch Weddings have become popular as a way to both save money for the couple and as a way of offering guests a unique experience. It works very well with a morning ceremony, and gives guests who have traveled out of town to attend a head start towards home. For brides who have a full day's activities planned for their guests, a brunch reception leaves time in the day for special events.
- Sustainable Catering is becoming a favorite for many couples. This menu option works well for both indoor buffets and outdoor receptions. In fact, the focus on sustainable food options and environmentally sound locations make a true statement of what the couple values.